Hi there! Elizabeth here from The College Housewife! I had a blast sharing with you my Cauliflower Chimichurri Steakhouse Salad Cups last month that I knew I had to come back for more! This time of year I love squeezing in a summer party as much as I can. Everything from easy backyard bbq’s to fun garden succulent planting parties, I love it all!
With Labor Day coming up I knew I needed some fun and easy BBQ ideas. I teamed up with Taylor Farms and their new Roasted Garlic Chopped Kit to make you guys these adoooorable tequila shrimp salad cups paired with a tequila shot for the cutest party appetizer! Of all the new chopped salad kits this one makes an appearance quite a bit at our house. We’re huge garlic lovers and this salad packs some extreme garlic flavor. It’s a great jumping off point for any fun salad recipe. Today we’re turning this salad into an extremely fun party appetizer!
You can really start with any cup but I just used some leftover plastic wine glasses from another party. Layer up some black beans, Taylor Farms Roasted Garlic Chopped Kit and top each cup off with 2-3 pieces of shrimp. You can toss these in the fridge until your guests arrive or serve them up fresh. For the ultimate party appetizer set them up on a platter with a shot of your favorite tequila to really get the party started. I once had a party where everyone got a shot of tequila on their table setting and it made for the BEST ice breaker. Highly recommend, you’ll thank me later. Also try these BBQ Chicken Salad Cups for your next event!
Tequila Shrimp Shrimp Salad Cups
1 Taylor Farms Roasted Garlic Chopped Kit
1 can of black beans
1 Lb of shrimp, deveined
3 cloves of garlic
1/4 cup of olive oil
Juice of one lime
1 tablespoon of gold tequila
Salt & Pepper to taste
Chopped cilantro & lime wedges for topping
- In a large bowl prepare Taylor farms salad kit and set into the refrigerator while preparing the other ingredients. In a large bowl toss shrimp with olive oil, garlic, lime juice, tequila, Heat a grill pan or heavy bottomed skillet on medium heat. Cook the shrimp on each side for 2-3 minutes or until pink in color.
- Top each salad cup with a few tablespoons of black beans fill salad cups with prepared salad kit and top with 1-2 shrimps and a lime wedge.
Enjoy and be sure to share your salad creations with @college_housewife and @yourtaylorfarms on Instagram!
- September 2, 2020Five Flavorful Recipes for the Three-Day-Weekend!
- September 1, 2020Just Add Protein: Easy Recipes To Elevate Your Favorite Salad Kits
- August 24, 20203 Fun and Easy Back To School Recipes
- July 16, 2020The Flavor of Fresh with a Summer full of Salads
- July 2, 2020Summer of Salads
- July 2, 2020Five Flavorful Dishes for The Fourth of July