Since 2008, Taylor Farms has been awarding college scholarships to deserving students looking to further their education. On Friday, we held this year’s Scholarship Luncheon and awarded 12 students, all children of active, full-time Taylor Farms employees, with a $20,000 academic scholarship and renewed 22 scholarships; totaling $170,000 in scholarships for 2017.
Each recipient receives an upfront check for $5,000 with a guaranteed renewal of $5,000 for every year they remain in an undergraduate or graduate program at a university.
“Taylor Farms values higher education and decided to invest in mine. Taylor Farms is committed to seeing me through to the end and because a significant amount of financial burden has been lifted, I can focus on maximizing my education,” said Adela Contreras, 2016 Taylor Farms Scholarship Recipient and UC Davis Undergraduate student.
Adela received her initial scholarship in 2016 and is now on the renewal track as she enters her second year at the University of California, Davis, pursuing a major in Environmental Science and Management. This summer, Adela has returned to her hometown of Salinas, CA to intern at Taylor Farms. She will have the opportunity to gain knowledge and apply her passion for sustainability by working closely with Taylor Farms Director of Sustainability, Nicole Flewell.
The Taylor Farms Scholarship Program was formally developed in 2012, although the company has been awarding scholarships to students since 2008. The scholarship member selection committee consists of 12 Taylor Farms employees, and has awarded $710,000 in scholarships over the past eleven years.
This program means so much to us and our employees that Taylor Farms New Jersey also implemented the program this year (read the recap from earlier this month) and Taylor Farms Pacific in Tracy, California has been managing their own scholarship program for the past three years; this year they are awarding four remarkable students with $5,000 scholarships to pursue a higher education.
“An excellent education is the foundation of a free and fair society in America”, said Bruce Taylor, Chairman and CEO, Taylor Farms. “At Taylor Farms we are proud to support children of our valued team members with $20,000 scholarships to pursue their college dreams.”
- Betzibeth Valencia – Arizona State University
- Brandy Martinez – University of Arizona
- Crystal Hernandez Marquez – California State University, Monterey Bay
- Crystal Osuna Cecilio – California State University, Monterey Bay
- Daisy Solorzano – University of California, Davis
- Diana Cervantes Morales – California State University, Monterey Bay
- Ismael Lopez – San Jose State University
- Leticia Isabel Cardenas – San Diego State University
- Maria Fernanda Garcia – University of Arizona
- Paulina Suguey Hernandez – University of California, Davis
- Viridiana Macias Contreras – Humboldt State University
- Zeltzin Donaji Gonzalez Lopez – San Francisco State University
Watch event highlight video here:
- September 2, 2020Five Flavorful Recipes for the Three-Day-Weekend!
- September 1, 2020Just Add Protein: Easy Recipes To Elevate Your Favorite Salad Kits
- August 24, 20203 Fun and Easy Back To School Recipes
- July 16, 2020The Flavor of Fresh with a Summer full of Salads
- July 2, 2020Summer of Salads
- July 2, 2020Five Flavorful Dishes for The Fourth of July