Hey friends! My name is Haylie and I run the food blog Our Balanced Bowl. Food is my love language and boy oh boy, I’m so pumped to be sharing this recipe here with you today!
Salad was never really my friend until I started trying Taylor Farms Chopped Salad Kits! Not only are they delicious, they literally pack everything you need (already chopped!!) in there for you so the most effort you have to put in is simply mixing it up! Yes please! While I’m basically obsessed with every single flavor, this new Roasted Garlic Chopped Salad Kit is 100% my new favorite. It’s crunchy, filled with nutritious greens and is loaded with the caramelized deliciously roasted garlic flavor that we all know and love!
If you have ever been to my blog, you know I’m also obsessed with tacos – so I knew immediately that I wanted to incorporate the Roasted Garlic Kit into my weekly taco night! It makes the perfect “slaw” base for the taco! It’s creamy, crunchy, light and delicious. And don’t forget about saving some of the extra creamy Roasted Garlic Dressing to act as a crema to drizzle on top of your tacos. I’ve officially dubbed this recipe Roasted Garlic Green Goddess Tacos because they are absolutely loaded with all things green and garlic! Add in a delicious protein like Salsa Verde Chicken, pile everything into a deliciously charred corn tortilla and garnish with your favorite taco toppings like avocado, lime and green onions! You’re all set for a powerhouse dinner in under 30 minutes!
Thank you Taylor Farms for letting me takeover! If you want to keep following along with me, check me out on Instagram, Facebook or Pinterest!
Roasted Garlic Green Goddess Tacos
1 Taylor Farms Roasted Garlic Chopped Salad Kit
4-6 corn tortillas
1 lb chicken breast
1 jar salsa verde
1 tsp garlic powder, 1 tsp onion powder, ½ tsp salt, ½ tsp cracked pepper
Your favorite taco toppings (sliced avocado, green onions, jalapenos etc.)
- Place the raw chicken breast, garlic and onion powder, salt and pepper into the Instant Pot. Pour the entire salsa verde jar over top of the chicken. Cook on high pressure for 20 minutes. Release steam valve. Shred. Taste and adjust the seasoning if needed. Set aside.
- While the chicken is cooking, place the greens from the Roasted Garlic Salad Kit into a large bowl. Add smoked white cheddar cheese, half of the croutons and half of the garlic dressing (save the other half for topping your tacos!). Mix to combine and set in the fridge.
- Slice and dice your favorite taco toppings. I used sliced avocado, green onions, and jalapeno!
- Warm the corn tortillas and/or slightly char them using the stove eye! Begin layering your tacos, starting with the roasted garlic salad as the bottom layer. On top, add the salsa verde chicken. Top with your desired toppings! Garnish with the extra croutons and a drizzle of the creamy garlic dressing! Devour immediately! YUM!
Recipe notes: If you don’t have an Instant Pot, no worries! Hop over to my Salsa Verde Chicken recipe on my blog and I have the instructions for both a Crockpot and an oven method.
- September 2, 2020Five Flavorful Recipes for the Three-Day-Weekend!
- September 1, 2020Just Add Protein: Easy Recipes To Elevate Your Favorite Salad Kits
- August 24, 20203 Fun and Easy Back To School Recipes
- July 16, 2020The Flavor of Fresh with a Summer full of Salads
- July 2, 2020Summer of Salads
- July 2, 2020Five Flavorful Dishes for The Fourth of July