Ag Against Hunger recently hosted their 26th Annual Agricultural Woman of the Year Recognition Luncheon. The award honors the work of a woman from Monterey, Santa Cruz and/or San Benito County that has made an exceptional and unique contributions to promote the agricultural industry. Taylor Farms is a proud sponsor of this empowering award and attended the event to help celebrate the recipient.
This year’s Ag Woman of the Year is Sylvia Prevedelli, an organic farmer, who came to America from Italy in 1966. When Sylvia came to America, she did not know anything about farming, and now she is involved in every aspect of farming and agriculture. Congratulations Sylvia!
The event was hosted at the Ted Taylor Vocational Center at Rancho Cielo, a facility designed to offer training for students who will be better prepared entering jobs in the agriculture industry.
Ag Against Hunger program under the Grower Shipper Association Foundation, set to better serve the needs of the agricultural community. Ag Against Hunger’s purpose is to be a community-based program to further Ag Education and Childhood Nutrition through gleaning local fields and distributing to the local food banks.
We congratulate Sylvia on being named 2019’s Ag Woman of the Year by Monterey County’s Ag Against Hunger.
- September 2, 2020Five Flavorful Recipes for the Three-Day-Weekend!
- September 1, 2020Just Add Protein: Easy Recipes To Elevate Your Favorite Salad Kits
- August 24, 20203 Fun and Easy Back To School Recipes
- July 16, 2020The Flavor of Fresh with a Summer full of Salads
- July 2, 2020Summer of Salads
- July 2, 2020Five Flavorful Dishes for The Fourth of July