It’s unofficially, the official weekend for Friendsgiving. So bust out those copper mugs and “clean up” your family’s signature casserole — does the latter sound stressful? Well, good thing we did the work for you… be Friendsgiving ready by bringing this Maple Pecan Butternut Squash Casserole!
This casserole is a twist on the traditional sweet potato casserole. By using butternut squash instead, you don’t lose the decadence, and you add some extra nutrients because butternut squash is a nutritional powerhouse, chock-full of carotenoids, vitamins A & C, with plenty of fiber and potassium, as well. And this casserole is topped with simple, 3-ingredient maple candied pecans to please your friend with the sweet tooth.
“You won’t even miss sweet potatoes in this yummy variation. I used Taylor Farms Butternut Squash, which is convenient because it’s washed, peeled, and ready to use—saving on prep work is a MUST!” says Joscelyn, blogger at Wife Mama Foodie and creator of this recipe. (Step by step video at end of this post.)
In this same blog post, Joscelyn also offers a delicious recipe for Broccoli & Cauliflower Gratin using Taylor Farms Broccoli and Cauliflower Medley, in case cheese-covered vegetables are more your thing.
No matter which dish you choose to bring, you’ll make everyone at your Friendsgiving happy and satisfied with one of these!
- September 2, 2020Five Flavorful Recipes for the Three-Day-Weekend!
- September 1, 2020Just Add Protein: Easy Recipes To Elevate Your Favorite Salad Kits
- August 24, 20203 Fun and Easy Back To School Recipes
- July 16, 2020The Flavor of Fresh with a Summer full of Salads
- July 2, 2020Summer of Salads
- July 2, 2020Five Flavorful Dishes for The Fourth of July