We really love it when others spread the word about the benefits of quality produce in a healthy diet – something the USDA highlighted recently in its new dietary guidelines.
Most recently, entertainer John Tesh, who hosts a syndicated TV show and Web site called “Intelligence for Your Life,” talked about “surprisingly healthy foods that are also inexpensive.” Here’s what he had to say:
Iceberg Lettuce. It’s packed with fiber, iron and vitamin C. It also has bone-building vitamin K. Iceberg does everything from prevent dangerous plaque build-up in our arteries to boost digestion. Another benefit? Iceberg lettuce is one of the lowest calorie foods you can eat: one cup has roughly eight calories.
We agree completely. Taylor Farms is all about providing consumers with the freshest, highest quality produce available.
Tesh’s show, co-hosted by wife and actress Connie Selleca, appears on 157 stations around the country.
- September 2, 2020Five Flavorful Recipes for the Three-Day-Weekend!
- September 1, 2020Just Add Protein: Easy Recipes To Elevate Your Favorite Salad Kits
- August 24, 20203 Fun and Easy Back To School Recipes
- July 16, 2020The Flavor of Fresh with a Summer full of Salads
- July 2, 2020Summer of Salads
- July 2, 2020Five Flavorful Dishes for The Fourth of July