Earlier this week, 40 kids and teens, ages 6-18, from the Monterey Boys & Girls Club (BGC) Summer Academy gathered at Taylor Farms headquarters to showcase their Summer S.T.E.A.M. projects to their parents and families, Taylor Farms employees, and the BGC staff, including Monterey BGC CEO, Michael L. Jackson and Director, Miranda Jackson.
This was the perfect opportunity for the kids and teens to demonstrate all they have learned this summer about science, technology, engineering, arts, and math. The showcased projects included:
- Read Naturally – An interactive, computer based reading comprehension program
- Magic Beans – Literary inspired architectural creations using building blocks
- Smart Art – Electrical painting on canvases using computers
- ClayTech – Producing and editing mini clay animation movies displayed on iPads
“This year’s Summer Academy has again been outstanding thanks to the support of our key partner Taylor Farms,” said Monterey BGC CEO Michael L. Jackson. “Over 500 children a day have participated in programs at the Salinas and Seaside Clubhouse. Attendance has been consistently high and the kids show up every day eager to learn, go on field trips, interact with their peers, and be guided by caring teachers, aides and volunteers.”
Taylor Farms was happy to host the Summer S.T.E.A.M. Showcase, providing the space to display and discuss the projects with office employees.
“We were thrilled to be able to sponsor the Boys and Girls Club Summer Art Academy,” says Mark Borman, President, Taylor Farms California and BGC Board Member. “It’s inspiring to see these kids’ imagination and creativity expressed through their final art projects”.
Our team at Taylor Farms has enjoyed our long term partnership with the BGC of Monterey and looks forward to many more events where we can support the talent and development of our local youth!
- September 2, 2020Five Flavorful Recipes for the Three-Day-Weekend!
- September 1, 2020Just Add Protein: Easy Recipes To Elevate Your Favorite Salad Kits
- August 24, 20203 Fun and Easy Back To School Recipes
- July 16, 2020The Flavor of Fresh with a Summer full of Salads
- July 2, 2020Summer of Salads
- July 2, 2020Five Flavorful Dishes for The Fourth of July