Team Taylor had an astonishing 44 runners in this year’s Salinas Valley Marathon and two dozen volunteers! This 13.1 mile destination race began at the historic Soledad Mission and gently winded north alongside the base of the Santa Lucia mountains. Runners passed through wineries, vineyards and fields of row crops before crossing an idyllic finish line at Pessagno Winery.
After the marathon, SVHM hosted their annual “Finish Festival” which featured a live band, wine and a BBQ for all participants. Taylor Farms had a booth on display during the finish festival, where employee volunteers handed out an assortment of our wildly popular snack trays; (list with hyperlinks to website product page).
Taylor Farms is a founding sponsor of the marathon, whose focus is to promote the Salinas area in a healthy and positive way. The destinations event ties in local wineries and produce companies to raise awareness of the local businesses that have been farming in the Salinas Valley for generations.
Profits from the event benefit numerous organizations including:
Sun Street Center
One Fund Boston, Inc.
Grower Shipper Foundation
Hartnell Community College
Notre Dame Cross Country
Hartnell Track & Field
Soledad High School
Salinas High School
Central Coast YMCA
Palma High School
- September 2, 2020Five Flavorful Recipes for the Three-Day-Weekend!
- September 1, 2020Just Add Protein: Easy Recipes To Elevate Your Favorite Salad Kits
- August 24, 20203 Fun and Easy Back To School Recipes
- July 16, 2020The Flavor of Fresh with a Summer full of Salads
- July 2, 2020Summer of Salads
- July 2, 2020Five Flavorful Dishes for The Fourth of July