As part of our ongoing commitment to education and literacy, Taylor Farms recently funded a Read to Me Project in seven 4th grade classrooms at La Gloria Elementary School in Gonzales, CA. Our sponsorship will support direct program costs including materials, books and classroom/student coordination.
This is the second year Taylor Farms has partnered with the Read to Me Project; with a sponsorship of books for the organization’s Holiday Book Wrap event last December. Seven hundred 4th, 5th, and 6th grade students in Salinas Valley, Greenfield and Gonzales schools selected a book and gift wrapped it for their preschool sibling.
“Taylor Farms believes in giving back to our communities through education,” says Margaret D’Arrigo-Martin, vice president of community development at Taylor Farms. “We are proud to support literacy programs such as the Read to Me Project – the project not only enhances reading confidence, it encourages siblings to read to one another.”
The Read to Me Project is a read-aloud program that motivates and trains upper-elementary age students to read to their infant, toddler, and preschool age siblings. The Project provides participating classrooms with age-appropriate books, which are checked out and taken home to daily. The project is helping to change lives by preparing children for school and long-term success.
- September 2, 2020Five Flavorful Recipes for the Three-Day-Weekend!
- September 1, 2020Just Add Protein: Easy Recipes To Elevate Your Favorite Salad Kits
- August 24, 20203 Fun and Easy Back To School Recipes
- July 16, 2020The Flavor of Fresh with a Summer full of Salads
- July 2, 2020Summer of Salads
- July 2, 2020Five Flavorful Dishes for The Fourth of July