To continue our focus on supporting local youth in their educational development and academic success, Team Taylor pledged $50,000 to the Boys and Girls Club of Tracy (BGCT) Literacy Program for the fourth year in a row.
Our donation supports the ongoing health and expansion of a tailored early literacy program for 2nd and 3rd grade students at three local clubhouses in Tracy, CA. The program, which began 7 years ago with 20 enrolled participants has rapidly expanded its reach, now supporting over 100 local youth!
“The donation from Taylor Farms has enabled us to expand our program, providing services to over 100 2nd and 3rd graders,” says Kelly Wilson, Executive Director, Boys and Girls Club. “The results of the program have been amazing. 98% of the kids improved in decoding, 94% in fluency, and 72% in comprehension. Decoding, fluency, and comprehension skills are the building blocks to becoming a proficient reader.”
The BGCT and our team at Taylor Farms share a dedication to inspiring young people to reach their full potential, valuing literacy as an essential component to building a strong educational foundation. We are grateful for our partnership with such an influential organization!
“Thanks to Taylor Farms, the 2nd and 3rd graders at Boys & Girls Clubs of Tracy are more proficient, confident readers,” notes Wilson. “Thank you for being a part of our Boys & Girls Clubs of Tracy family!”
- September 2, 2020Five Flavorful Recipes for the Three-Day-Weekend!
- September 1, 2020Just Add Protein: Easy Recipes To Elevate Your Favorite Salad Kits
- August 24, 20203 Fun and Easy Back To School Recipes
- July 16, 2020The Flavor of Fresh with a Summer full of Salads
- July 2, 2020Summer of Salads
- July 2, 2020Five Flavorful Dishes for The Fourth of July