Yesterday ten deserving students who are children of active, full-time Taylor Farms employees received $5,000 scholarships from the company to help advance their collegiate careers. The scholarships will be renewed annually, up to four years, as long as the students remain enrolled in undergraduate or graduate programs.
This afternoon the scholarships were presented at a luncheon hosted by Taylor Farms and Mark Campion, President of Taylor Farms Retail. For the first time, the scholarship checks were presented in Spanish by Rigo Ramirez, Director of Operations, Taylor Farms Retail.
Though the company has been awarding scholarships since 2008, the Scholarship Program was developed formally in 2012. The 12-member selection committee includes six people from Taylor Farms’ Retail division and six from the Foodservice division who serve two-year terms. To date, the company has awarded $320,000 in first-time scholarships and an additional $220,000 in renewal scholarships.
“We believe strongly in providing the children of our valued employees the opportunity to pursue their collegiate dreams and succeed,” said Stacey Bolding, Human Resources Manager, Taylor Farms and Scholarship Chair. It is the pathway to rewarding careers in the fields of their own choosing.”
This year’s recipients include:
- Salvador Ramirez – California State University, Monterey Bay
- Paloma Villa – San Diego State University
- Cindy Alvalos – California State University, Monterey Bay
- Adela Contreras – University of California, Davis
- Yessenia Isabel Acosta Terrazas – Arizona State University
- Angelica Romero – California Polytechnic State University
- Luis A. Valencia – University of Arizona
- Brenda Cecilia Lee Rodriguez – California State University, Chico
- Keztla Ramirez – University of Arizona
- Madeline Saldana – University of California, Berkeley
We are proud to support our employees and their families and to help bright young people achieve their full academic potential.
- September 2, 2020Five Flavorful Recipes for the Three-Day-Weekend!
- September 1, 2020Just Add Protein: Easy Recipes To Elevate Your Favorite Salad Kits
- August 24, 20203 Fun and Easy Back To School Recipes
- July 16, 2020The Flavor of Fresh with a Summer full of Salads
- July 2, 2020Summer of Salads
- July 2, 2020Five Flavorful Dishes for The Fourth of July