As we continue to expand our commitment to renewable energy, we are proud to announce the completion of our latest project. Earlier today, we celebrated the installation of nearly four acres of solar panels at our new state-of-the-art Dallas facility, making it one of the largest commercial solar installments in Texas!
To inaugurate this monumental project, Taylor Farms Texas hosted a “Flip the Switch” event at the Dallas facility where Nicole Flewell, Taylor Farms Director of Sustainability, delivered a welcome speech, alongside guest speaker Jeff Reed, Senior Program Manager at ONCOR Energy, and Ralph Ynostrosa, VP of Operations at Taylor Farms Texas.
It was wonderful to have customer partners, local media, and project partners in attendance to help Team Taylor celebrate “Flip the Switch” installment, and we got the chance to serve some fresh delicious food — all from our prepared foods facility here in Dallas!
We began construction on the facility’s roof mid-September and completed the project this month. The system will produce 1.1 megawatts (MW) of direct current (DC) power for the facility daily – an approximate 17% energy offset for the plant, equivalent to removing 225 passenger vehicles from the roads per year.
Watch the complete event highlights here:
- September 2, 2020Five Flavorful Recipes for the Three-Day-Weekend!
- September 1, 2020Just Add Protein: Easy Recipes To Elevate Your Favorite Salad Kits
- August 24, 20203 Fun and Easy Back To School Recipes
- July 16, 2020The Flavor of Fresh with a Summer full of Salads
- July 2, 2020Summer of Salads
- July 2, 2020Five Flavorful Dishes for The Fourth of July