This month Taylor Farms was honored with McDonald’s first ever “Self-Managed Excellence” Award for outstanding leadership in food safety, quality, and sustainability.
During the awards ceremony, McDonald’s highlighted a few other reasons behind their selection of Taylor Farms for the award:
- Bruce Taylor is challenging the entire industry to address labor pressures, from field to facility to transportation labor, and challenging his team to be industry leaders in engineering and the use of automated harvesting machines in an effort to not only reduce the amount of labor but just as importantly, provide employees a more comfortable work environment.
- Taylor Farms recognized years ago that diversification of growing regions is critical for assured supply. Its built-in contingency plan now covers all of North America with a focus on smaller growing windows.
- Taylor Farms has an agile supply chain that has supported McDonald’s not just in the US, but also in other areas all over the world.
“McDonald’s is focused on pushing suppliers to lead the way, think long term, proactively pursue solutions to issues, and strategically plan for the future. This award is an amazing recognition for all the work our teams do across the system”, said John Millwater, Account Manager, Taylor Farms. “Our leadership team, our ag team, our quality team, our plants, our national teams, are all the reason why we won.”
The more than 20-year partnership between McDonald’s and Taylor Farms stems back to Taylor Farms’ beginnings in South Bay Florida, when we first started supplying McDonald’s with iceberg lettuce and tomatoes, and we’re honored to be their partner.
- September 2, 2020Five Flavorful Recipes for the Three-Day-Weekend!
- September 1, 2020Just Add Protein: Easy Recipes To Elevate Your Favorite Salad Kits
- August 24, 20203 Fun and Easy Back To School Recipes
- July 16, 2020The Flavor of Fresh with a Summer full of Salads
- July 2, 2020Summer of Salads
- July 2, 2020Five Flavorful Dishes for The Fourth of July